Starting next week, spray parks will be popping up in neighbourhoods across the city.
Kids and families are invited to join Red Deer Emergency Services, Municipal Policing Services and members of the Red Deer RCMP who will be using fire apparatuses to create temporary spray parks throughout July and August.
Each spray park will run from 6:30 – 8 p.m. and the schedule for pop-up spray parks is as follows:
- July 16, 2020 - Gateway Christian School (4210 59 Street)
- July 23, 2020 – Highland Green Community Centre (65 Halladay Avenue)
- July 30, 2020 – Oriole Park Community Association (5 Oldbury Street)
- August 6, 2020 – Riverside Meadows Community Centre (6021 57 Avenue)
- August 13, 2020 – Joseph Welsh Elementary School (4401 37 Avenue)
- August 20, 2020 – Deer Park Community Association (181 Dowler Street)
Events are weather dependent and will not go ahead if weather warnings are in place.
Participants are reminded to adhere to all public health orders, including maintaining a two meter distance from others, not attending if they are feeling unwell and mass gathering restrictions.
For more information visit reddeer.ca/popupsprayparks
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer