As The City prepares to welcome guests back to recreation facilities, admission prices have been temporarily reduced. This fee reduction reflects the reduced service and program offering as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
“We have had to reduce services to align with public health guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic and believe these interim fees will better reflect the services available across our facilities,” said Shelley Gagnon, Recreation, Parks and Culture Manager. “We remain committed to service excellence and believe that, while the experience will be different, it will be a positive one for our facility users.”
Recreation users will note interim, uniform fees for all facilities. Single activity admission and monthly passes are as follows:
|Adult (18+)||Senior (65+)||Youth (13-17)||Child (3-12)||Infant (0-2)|
|Monthly Activity Pass||$27.00||$24.50||$19.30||$14.20||Free|
“We are excited to welcome the community back to our facilities,” said Gagnon. “We know things will look different, and while we aren’t able to offer all of our normal services, we are confident we will still deliver an enjoyable recreation experience at an affordable cost.”
Recreation facilities have begun a phased opening, with user groups returning to the Michener Aquatic Centre on July 6. Lane swimming will be available at the facility July 13, and aquatic fitness classes on July 20. Also on July 20, a number of other activities will be available at the Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre, including public swimming, access to indoor fitness areas and walking track, and the fieldhouse and gymnasium. For more information about these activities, please visit reddeer.ca/reserve.
Activities, programs and services at City recreation facilities have been modified in line with the provincial Relaunch Strategy guidelines and public health orders. Some of the changes users can expect include:
- Reservation or pre-booking is required for all activities, including those that were previously on a drop-in basis. This includes outdoor fitness classes, lane and public swimming, use of the track and fitness areas and use of the fieldhouse/gymnasium.
- Capacity limits on spaces and activities.
- Participants should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to their reservation and leave as soon as their activity reservation is over.
- Reduced hours of operation.
- Access to lockers will be free in the interim. However, there will be limited availability of lockers and change rooms. Participants are asked to come dressed for their activity and bring only the essentials. Participants are also encouraged to shower at home after their activity.
- Program participants may be asked to bring their own equipment, and fitness facility users will find access to equipment has been reduced.
- A number of amenities will not initially operate during Stage 2, including hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, childminding, drop-in skating and climbing. In addition, spectator areas will remain closed with caregivers only dropping off and picking up participants.
Reduced program fees will be in place for the foreseeable future as service and program offerings continue to be restricted.
To reserve an activity or register in a program, please visit Look n Book. Lane swimming is available at Michener Aquatic Centre starting next Monday, July 13 – swimmers can reserve their spot beginning July 9, with bookings for more activities at the Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Centre to follow next week. To stay up to date on reservation dates and information, please visit reddeer.ca/reserve.