Lane swimming at the Michener Aquatic Centre starts July 13, with registration starting Thursday. All users must reserve a spot for lane swimming, either online or via phone; no drop-in is permitted.
In addition to general safety procedures for all recreation facilities, activity-specific guidelines and restrictions will be in place for lane swimming:
- Users must reserve a time slot for lane swimming.
- Lanes will be double width, with a limit of four swimmers per lane to ensure distancing.
- Change rooms will have limited capacity; please come dressed for swimming and shower at home following swimming.
- Hand dryers and blow dryers are not permitted in change rooms.
- Limited lockers are available; lockers every six feet are blocked. Please bring only the necessities (goggles, towels). At this time, there is no charge for lockers.
|12 - 1 p.m.||5:30 - 6:30 a.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.||5:30 - 6:30 a.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.||5:30 - 6:30 a.m.||8 - 9 a.m.|
|1:30 - 2:30 p.m.||7 - 8 a.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||7 - 8 a.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||7 - 8 a.m.||9:30 - 10:30 a.m.|
|3 - 4 p.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.||6:30 - 7:30 p.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.||6:30 - 7:30 p.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.||11 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||8 - 9 p.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||8 - 9 p.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||12:30 - 1:30 p.m.|
|6:30 - 7:30 p.m.||6:30 - 7:30 p.m.||2 - 3 p.m.|
|8 - 9 p.m.||8 - 9 p.m.|
Other amenities and activities will open as follows:
- July 9 - Blue Grass Sod Farm Central Spray and Play and Lava Rock at Kin Kanyon will open. The amenities are unsupervised and capacity limits will be in place (currently 100 people).
- July 20:
- Indoor fitness and running track at available at the Collicutt Centre. Users are required to reserve time/equipment in advance. At this time, indoor fitness classes will not be available.
- Aquatic fitness classes at Michener Aquatic Centre start. Only shallow water activities will be available. Reservations are required and capacity limits will be in place.
- Field house and gymnasium at Collicutt Centre, G.H. Dawe Community Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre available for rentals and registered activities.
- Public swimming at the Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre starts. Reservation required and capacity limits will be in place.
- Culture Services at Intermediate School open to the public; day camps operating and Viewpoint Gallery open.
- Dry space at Kinex Arena available for user groups only.
- Meeting Rooms at Setters Place and Intermediate School available for rentals.
- July 27 - Swimming lessons at Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre start. At this time, only private swimming lessons will be offered. Limited spaces will be available.
Dates for reserving these activities will be announced soon.
Outdoor fitness classes are now available at Setters Place at Great Chief Park. For more information, visit reddeer.ca/outdoorfitness.
Although participants may not be able to reserve their activities immediately, it is important that everyone ensure their Look ‘n Book accounts are ready to go. Check to be sure your Look ‘n Book password is working. Account support can take up to three business days so this is an important step prior to booking recreation activities.
As recreation and culture amenities open, The City strongly encourages users to remain vigilant and continue exercising caution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including washing/sanitizing hands often and staying home when feeling ill. Facility users will be required to follow all Alberta Health guidelines and public health orders including maintaining physical distancing when possible.
For more information about lane swimming, visit .