Building permit values were down in February dropping from an estimated $20 million in February 2019 to $4.5 million last month.
52 permits were issued in February, compared with 70 permits issued in February 2019. Year-to-date totals are approximately $25 million lower than the same period last year. January-February 2020 has seen $40 million in permits issued, compared to $65 million during the same period in 2019.
Notable permits for the month of February include the following:
- The re-demising of an existing unit into additional retail units, removal of an existing exterior entrance and installation two new exterior unit entrances at Bower Place Shopping Centre, valued at $800,000;
- Interior renovations to an office in Edgar Industrial Park, valued at $425,000;
- The installation of a diesel extraction system at Fire Hall #1, valued at $347,341;
- Interior renovations to at the RCMP Red Deer South Detachment, valued at $259,000; and
- Interior renovations to accommodate a retail shoe store at Parkland Mall.
Monthly permit statistics are available on The City’s website at: Red Deer Open Data Catalogue.
|Value of building permits|
|February 2020||February 2019||January - February 2020||January - February 2019|
|Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value|
For more information, please contact:
Inspections & Licensing Manager
The City of Red Deer