As the number of active COVID-19 cases continues to rise, the Province of Alberta has implemented a series of new temporary measures and restrictions to limit the spread of the virus in communities under an enhanced watch status, which includes The City of Red Deer.
The following measures are in place for Red Deer as per Alberta Health:
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community
- 15-person limit on family & social gatherings
- Limit of 3 cohorts, plus child care
- Mask use encouraged in all indoor workplaces
- Employers in office settings to reduce employees in the workplace at one time
- Effective November 13-27, restaurants/pubs must stop liquor sales by 10pm, close by 11pm
- Effective November 13-27, ban on indoor group and aquatic fitness classes and team sport activities.
- Does not include outdoor sports, individual sports, exercise, training or equipment use, or junior, collegiate, university or professional sports.
- Effective November 13-27, ban on group singing, dancing & performing
- Does not include professional performance venues.
- 50-person limit on wedding and funeral services (indoor & outdoor)
- Faith-based gatherings limited to 1/3 capacity
The City of Red Deer is working on implementing operational changes as a result of these measures, particularly as it relates to our indoor group fitness, aquatic group fitness and team sport activity offerings.
“We know these new health measures are significant, and that citizens will have questions,” said Allan Seabrooke, City Manager. “We are continuing to assess the measures announced this afternoon by the province and expect to share more in the coming days.”
Effective tomorrow, Activity Reservations and programs at City recreation and culture facilities involving group fitness, group aquatics, team-based programming, and group singing or dancing will be cancelled. This in in effect from November 13 to 27, in accordance with new health measures announced today. Anyone with Activity Reservations or registered in a session of programming will be contacted by The City, either by phone or email.
Activity Reservations for individual activities such as; use of the walking tracks, public swim, lane swimming and gym areas for single player basketball, pickleball and badminton, continue to be available.
For more information, please visit .
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer