Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP arrested a woman late Thursday night after the stolen truck she was driving collided with a police vehicle during her efforts to flee.
At 11:45 pm on September 27, Red Deer RCMP responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in an alley in Riverside Meadows. RCMP determined the truck had been stolen and boxed it in. The truck reversed into one of the police cars and attempted unsuccessfully to push it out of the way; the female driver was taken into custody without further incident. The police officer occupying the police vehicle at the time of the collision was not injured. RCMP seized what is believed to be fentanyl during the arrest.
36 year old Starla Ann Martin was wanted on warrants at the time of her arrest for breaching probation and failing to comply with the conditions of a recognizance. She now faces the following additional charges:
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 430(3) – Mischief over $5,000
- Criminal Code 145(3) – Fail to comply with conditions X 3
- Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Fail to comply with probation order
- Criminal Code 129(a) – Resist/ obstruct peace officer
- Criminal Code 249.1(1) – Operation of motor vehicle while being pursued by police
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of Schedule I substance
- TSA 51(a) – Operate motor vehicle without a licence
- TSA 54(1)(a) – Drive uninsured vehicle
Martin is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on October 4 at 9:30 am.
– 30 –
Red Deer RCMP