The Red Deer RCMP remains committed to providing policing services and protecting the community during the COVID-19 crisis.
In response to COVID-19, Red Deer RCMP has created dedicated units in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These units are enhancing our proactive patrols in all areas of the city, including industrial areas and business parks. These patrols are done in both marked and unmarked vehicles.
“We continue to work around the clock to serve and protect the citizens of Red Deer,” said Superintendent Grobmeier, Officer in Charge of the Red Deer detachment. “The Red Deer RCMP have implemented the recommendations of Alberta Health to ensure the protection of our first responders. Additionally, citizens may notice an increase in the use of personal protective equipment, hand sanitization as well as increased cleaning of equipment by staff.”
Citizens and business owners can also protect themselves by following these tips, especially if they are away for an extended period of time:
- Ensure alarm systems are on.
- Turn on some lights, both the inside and outside so when we are patrolling we can clearly see around and inside businesses.
- Make sure windows are not blocked with signs or posters so vision is not obstructed inside the business.
- Secure you garbage bins if possible, or cancel collection.
- Check your property regularly. You may wish to hire a Security Company to assist you.
- Continue to look out for one another. Check on you neighbour's business when you are checking on your own.
Yesterday, with The City, Red Deer RCMP announced enhanced online and telephone customer service options to ensure citizens can continue accessing services while still adhering to appropriate social distancing while the front counter of the detachment is closed to the public. To read more about accessing these services, read yesterday’s announcement about .
Red Deer RCMP