The City of Red Deer and Downtown Business Association (DBA) have planned four weeks of holiday themed activities downtown and throughout the city. The fun starts today with the lights and decorations in City Hall Park lighting up for the first time.
- Light displays at City Hall Park, Ross Street Patio, and Capstone
- Rare and Remarkable Art Market – November 25 and 26 at the Imperial Block building
- North Pole Plaza Party – December 1 at Gary W. Harris Celebration Plaza
- Winter Nights event – December 2,3,4 at Canada 150 Square in Capstone
- Santa’s Bus Tour – December 9, 10, 16, 17 – On four different December evenings, Santa and his crew will tour city neighbourhoods in a Red Deer Transit bus, sharing Christmas joy through the city.
“We’re excited about the extension of our annual holiday festivities from a single event to a four-week initiative,” said Bobby-Jo Stannard, Community Development Superintendent. “The transition provides many opportunities for community celebration and connection while continuing the tradition of the spectacular light displays City Hall Park is known for.”
A video showcasing the beloved lights and decorations in City Hall Park will be shared on The City’s social media channels so those unable to visit in person can enjoy the view from home.
Santa’s Bus Tour schedules and route maps are available on The City’s website and the MyBus app. Interested residents are encouraged to view the schedules in advance to find out when Santa will arrive in their neighbourhood.
For more information and updates on Red Deer Lights the Nights festivities, visit www.reddeer.ca/rdlights and www.downtownreddeer.com/north-pole-stroll and follow The City and the DBA on social media.
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer