Red Deer Lights the Nights returns as a month-long celebration of the holiday season, starting this Friday, November 17.
Free, family-friendly activities are happening downtown and throughout the community, including:
- North Pole Patio Party – November 17 from 4-7 p.m. at Ross Street Patio
- Writes of Winter writing contest – through January 15, hosted by Red Deer Arts Council
- Winter Market – November 24 and 25 at Millennium Centre
- Rare & Remarkable Artisan Market – November 25 at Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery
- Capstone Winter Nights Festival – December 1, 2 and 3 at Canada 150 Square
- Downtown Twinkle Tour – December 15 throughout downtown
- Santa’s Bus Tour – December 8, 9, 15 and 16 starting at 5:30 p.m.
Residents are invited to visit City Hall Park any time after November 16 to enjoy a beautiful display of colourful lights and festive decorations. Lights are turned on every day from sunset to sunrise until mid-January.
“We’re excited to welcome Red Deerians downtown once again to celebrate the season and enjoy the festive decorations in City Hall Park and along nearby streets. Everyone is invited to come out and participate in all the free activities that are planned, especially Santa’s Bus Tour which returns in December to bring Christmas joy to local neighbourhoods.”
A video showcasing Red Deer’s holiday spirit will be shared on The City’s social media channels so Red Deerians can enjoy the view from the comfort of home.
For more information on Red Deer Lights the Nights activities, presented by The City of Red Deer and the Downtown Business Association (DBA), visit reddeer.ca/RDLIGHTS and follow The City and DBA on social media.