Public Hearings

A Public Hearing is a process that occurs when a land use is being changed by a bylaw. All Public Hearings are held in conjunction with a City Council Meeting.

The Public Hearing is City Council’s opportunity to hear from anyone who is affected by the proposed bylaw. You can let Council know your opinions on the proposed bylaw in any/ all of the following ways:

  • Submit a letter to be included in the Council agenda. Letters must be submit in advance to the Manager, Legislative Services
  • Attend a Public Hearing and provide your comments
  • Tell Council your views at the Public Hearing. Each presentation is limited to 10 minutes

Bylaw 3357/X-2020

Land Use Bylaw Amendment 3357/X-2020

City Council is considering an amendment to the Land Use Bylaw to provide for a site specific exception for recreational vehicle storage on an A1 (Future Urban Development District) zoned site located in the south half of SE 12-38-27-W4M.

The bylaw can be viewed Bylaw 3357/X-2020 - RV Storage (pdf)

For more information regarding the proposed bylaw contact City of Red Deer Planning Services at

City Council will receive submissions from any person claiming to be affected by the proposed bylaw and will consider these at the Public Hearing to be held on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 6 p.m.  If you want your submission included in the Council Agenda, you must submit to the Manager, Legislative Services by Friday, December 11, 2020.

The Hearing and Council’s debate will be live streamed at

Submissions may be made via email to: or regular mail to:

City Council
c/o Manager, Legislative Services
2nd Floor City Hall
Box 5008
Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4

All submissions will be public information. If you have any questions regarding the use of this information, please contact the Manager, Legislative Services at

In accordance with Alberta’s Meeting Procedures (COVID-19 Suppression) Regulation which is intended to avoid exposing persons to COVID-19 and in response to physical distancing and regulations related to gatherings, modified Public Hearing Procedures may apply. Contact Legislative Services at for the Public Hearing procedures.