Red Deer is the host of the 2019 Canada Winter Games from February 15 to March 3. Many City recreation facilities will be hosting competitions. Find out how this will impact recreation programs, public use and access.x
Great Chief Park
The Speed Skating Oval is closed until further notice.x
Fee and Access Options
If you're interested in booking Great Chief Park, or one of the various Class A or B sport fields, please email email@example.com for more information on timelines and how to complete a rental application. Fees are applicable to games, practices, special events and tournaments.
4707 - 64 Ave (map)
General Information Phone: 403-309-8428
Great Chief Park Office Phone: 403-342-8255
Setters Place at Great Chief Park
Setters Place at Great Chief Park features:
- a synthetic regulation sized sports field lined for football and soccer,
- a three storey pavilion building with team change rooms and media/timekeeper area,
- 400m outdoor natural ice speed skating oval constructed on top of the artificial turf.
This facility will serve as the long track speed skating venue for the 2019 Canada Winter Games coming to Red Deer February 15 to March 3, 2019.
Public Skating schedule will be as follows:
|Monday||6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Friday||6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
This schedule may change due to inclement weather, please check the City's Website for updates at www.reddeer.ca/outdoorskating. Skate rentals are not available on site, and helmets are strongly encouraged.
|Contact Information:||Arena Information|
Address: 4707 Fountain Drive
|Setters Place at Great Chief Park bookable space|
Responsible pet owners are asked to comply with expectations set out below:
- Dogs allowed on leash within the sport field areas
- Dogs restricted to non-bleacher viewing areas
- Clean up after your pet. ‘Dog doo’ bag dispensers available on site
- Pet ‘refreshment’ area for water access available on site
- Aggressive or noisy dogs will not be permitted on the premises
Pets and their owners will be asked to leave the premises if found not following guidelines set out. Bylaw/RCMP officers can remove dogs, and/ or fine owners not complying with local Bylaws.