The City of Red Deer works hard to ensure the accuracy of the information on your utility bill—please help us do this by carefully reviewing your bill.
Check to ensure:
- Your customer information is correct including your name and service address.
- The correct services are listed on the front of your utility bill.
If your water usage seems too high:
- Check for leaky faucets and running toilets.
- Read the inside water meter, located inside the building and the remote device, located on the exterior of the building. Please note; some addresses do not have a remote device.
- Report your readings for both your inside meter and outside remote on our online form at www.reddeer.ca/watermeter.
If the readings on the inside water meter differs from the remote device, please report the difference immediately by submitting your reads online at www.reddeer.ca/watermeter.
We will need:
- All digits and decimal places of the reading(s) from each device,
- Your account number,
- Account holder’s name,
- Home phone number,
- Email address,
- Service address.
Where is my water meter located?
Your water meter is located on the inside of the property, generally in the basement or a maintenance area. Usually, there is also a remote device which is attached to the exterior wall of the building which is connected to the water meter by a wire. Both devices read like an odometer on a car, however, the number of digits may be different between the devices.