North of 11A Major Area Structure Plan
The North of 11A Major Area Structure Plan outlines the broad long term transportation and land use strategy for the land in North Red Deer, which was part of the lands annexed in 2009.
A MASP is a broad, long range land use planning tool, usually encompassing several sections of land, that contains policies to guide future subdivision and development of the subject area to ensure it occurs in an orderly, complementary and efficient manner. The North of 11A MASP for the area north of Highway 11A must, under the Municipal Government Act, address:
- the sequence of development in the plan area,
- the land uses proposed for the plan area,
- the density of population for the plan area,
- the general location of public utilities and major transportation routes, and
- any other matters council considers necessary.