The City of Red Deer provides facilities, resources, and programming in the area of Sport and Recreation. We are committed to accessibility and engagement in active living opportunities for all its citizens. Sport helps to strengthen our community by building social capital, strengthening family bonds, helping newcomers to integrate more quickly, fostering greater inclusion of people with disabilities, providing facilities to train and compete in and supporting Red Deerians to be “Active for Life.”
The City of Red Deer (Recreation Department) supports its local sport organizations, through the Sport Facilitator, by providing support in planning, coordination, governance, hosting and grant programs.
- Work closely with local sport organizations to support and enable them to effectively deliver their sport programs, including new initiatives, sport facility challenges and changes, and opportunities to host a variety of competitions all the way to National Championships.
- Work with and support organizations in their applications for community or provincial grants.
- Collaborate with our sport partners or other stakeholder organizations on shared projects.
- Provide local sport partners and stakeholders the chance to promote and demonstrate their sport and programs through Xplore Sport Day.
- Provide local sport organizations the chance to celebrate “Great Starts in Sport” through the Rising Sport Stars Program each year.
For more information or if you have questions on Sport, Recreation or Active Living contact:
City of Red Deer - Recreation Section