The campground is open yearly from May to September. Site amenities include 138 full and semi-serviced sites, washrooms, showers, and laundry facilities. Recreation opportunities include playgrounds, an amphitheatre for interpretive programs offered by Kerry Wood Nature Centre and access to the Trans Canada Trail system.
More Information on Lions Campground
For information on rates, services and availability, visit Red Deer Lions Campground or contact the Campground Operator at 403-342-8183.
Lion's Campground is permitted to open starting on May 1, 2020 with restrictions in place.
The restrictions include:
- Only every second site will be offered for rent;
- Washrooms, showers and laundry will be closed;
- No tenting or group camping;
- Entry will be restricted to campers only, no guests;
- Admission is restricted to RV's and travel trailers that posses an internal water supply, holding tanks and washroom facilities;
- Encourage telephone or website reservation only;
- Adhering with all public health orders as well as any orders and/or restrictions implemented by The City of Red Deer.
These restrictions are all subject to change as the pandemic situation evolves.