Cart collection schedules have been adjusted for residents with Friday cart collection to accommodate the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day statutory holidays, which both fall on a Friday this year.
Residents with regular Friday collection will have their December 25 and January 1 cart collection rescheduled as follows:
- Lancaster Green, Lancaster Meadows, Laredo, and Lonsdale will be moved to the following Monday.
- Davenport, Deer Park Estates, Deer Park Village and Devonshire will be moved to the following Tuesday.
- Rosedale Estates, Rosedale Meadows, Vanier East and Vanier Woods will be moved to the following Wednesday.
Collection schedules will return to normal on Friday, January 8, 2020. See Holiday Cart Collection Schedule (pdf) for further details.
Residents with a collection day other than Friday will have no collection changes over the holidays.
Questions? Contact The City by calling The Blue Line at 403-340-BLUE (2583) or visiting www.reddeer.ca/carts .
- Carts must be set out before 7 a.m. for pickup
- Wrapping paper, tissue paper and Styrofoam are not accepted in Blue Carts, as The City’s recycling program is currently unable to process these materials.
- Large quantities of cooking fat, oil and grease are not accepted in the Green Cart, as large quantities do not break down in the composting process.
- For reminders of what carts to place out when, sign up for notifications with Notify Red Deer, sign up today at www.reddeer.ca/notifyreddeer
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer