Throughout the holiday season, several City facilities will be closed or have reduced hours.
City Hall offices will be closed from Monday, December 27 to Monday, January 3, inclusive. Normal hours of operation will resume Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
Additionally, the Red Deer RCMP’s downtown detachment (4602-51 Avenue) will be closed Monday, December 27, Tuesday, December 28, as well as Monday, January 3. Please be advised that the emergency and non-emergency lines will not be impacted by the holidays. In-person customer service will be available through December 29 to 31, and resumes on Tuesday, January 4 2022.
The Red Deer Intermediate School will be closed Friday, December 24 to Monday, January 3, inclusive.
City recreation facilities will continue with normal operating hours with the following exceptions:
- Christmas Day, all recreation facilities will be closed
- The following affects both the Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre:
- facilities will close at 3:00 p.m. on December 24 and 31
- facilities will open from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 26 and Saturday, January 1
- The Michener Aquatic Centre will be closed December 25, 26 and January 1, and will open on December 24 and 31 until 1:00 p.m.
- The Recreation Centre will be closed from Saturday, December 25 to Monday, January 3, inclusive, for annual shutdown
There will be no impact to cart collection over the holiday season. Residents are to set out carts on their usual collection day.
Please visit www.reddeer.ca/holidayhours for more information. Happy holidays!
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer