Red Deerians can drop off natural Christmas trees at various drop-off sites in the city. The trees will be chipped, and the wood mulch reused in City parks.
Residents can drop off trees until Friday, January 28 at the following locations, look for the areas where the snow has been cleared in a space:
- Timberstone: Westside of Timberstone Way at Teasdale Drive.
- Davenport: Southeast corner of Davenport recreation site off Dempsey Street.
- Eastview: Southeast corner of the recreation site along Ellenwood Drive.
- Vanier: East side of Viscount Drive near the Alta Link powerlines.
- Inglewood: Southeast corner of Ironstone Drive and Inglewood Drive by the recreation site.
- Bower: 36 Barrett Drive near the Alta Link powerlines.
- Downtown: Southwest end of the parking lot across from Servus Arena.
- West Park: Green space on the southeast corner of 60 Avenue and 43 Street.
- Oriole Park: Overdown Drive north of Ohio Close.
- Normandeau: North side of Niven Street in green space between Nance Avenue and 52 Avenue.
- Kentwood: Kendrew Drive across from Kent Street, southwest end of the Kendrew recreation site.
Residents are reminded to please remove all decorations, bags, tarps and tinsel from the trees to allow for the safe chipping and reuse of material. Please only dispose of Christmas trees in the cleared and marked areas of these sites.
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer