As many Red Deerians begin taking down the Christmas decorations, those with live Christmas trees may be wondering where they can be disposed.
Due to challenges posed by the pandemic, the Red Deer firefighters will not be collecting trees as they have in previous years. Instead, residents can dispose of their Christmas tree in one of the following ways:
- Cut it up and place it into your Green Cart. Please ensure to not exceed the max weight of the Cart.
- Small carts have a limit of 59 kg/130 lbs
- Medium carts have a limit of 109 kg/240 lbs
- Extra Large carts have a limit of 152 kg/335 lbs
- Drop it off at the Waste Management Facility located at 1709-40 Avenue. A minimum fee of $7 will apply.
- Donate their tree to the Medicine River Wildlife Centre, where it will be repurposed for their animals. Trees must be free of decorations or anything that may harm animals. Pick-up service is not available; residents can drop off their trees at the parking lot of the Medicine River Wildlife Centre, located in Spruceview. Directions are available online at https://www.medicineriverwildlifecentre.ca/
Residents are asked to refrain from leaving trees in the locations provided in previous years.
Details about fees and hours of operation for the Waste Management Facility can be found online at www.reddeer.ca/garbage.
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer