City recreation centres will return to regular operations on July 1, in line with the lifting of most COVID-19 provincial public health measures.
Indoor recreation facilities will fully open and all activities will resume, including drop-in programming, public swimming, access to fitness amenities, sport activities, community rentals, booked meetings and birthday parties.
After July 1, Activity Reservations will no longer be required, with the exception of outdoor and virtual fitness programs. As we work to provide a safe and welcoming environment for staff and visitors, there will be reduced capacities in some areas. If further guidance is provided by the Government of Alberta specific to recreation centers, some services may change.
“This is what we’ve all been waiting for,” said Barb McKee, Recreation Superintendent. “Our staff are gearing up to welcome Red Deerians back to all the fun, active and creative opportunities in our culture and recreation facilities. We can’t wait to see you!”
Amenities such as water refill stations, lockers, towel service and spectator areas will be available, and we will also welcome back our leaseholders, such as food service.
Passes and admission rates are as follows:
- A monthly Value Pass is currently available for $27, and provides unlimited access to all facilities. This limited time reduced rate is available until the end of July; as of August the Value Pass will only provide access to the Recreation Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre. Value Passes purchased in July will be pro-rated, based on the number of days remaining in July.
- Regular daily admission rates will be in effect starting July 1.
- As of August 1, regular pass prices will be in effect.
Learn more about Facility Fees and Pass Prices.
Operating hours are as follows:
- The Collicutt Centre and Recreation Centre will open on July 1, with statutory holiday hours from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Regular hours will start on July 2.
- Michener Aquatic Centre will open for regular hours on July 2.
- The G.H. Dawe Community Centre is currently under construction, with some services and areas not immediately available. Starting July 2, fitness and gym areas will open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily.
We also continue to offer:
- Summer day camps, including full and half-day options.
- Outdoor fitness, included as a value add to all monthly passes.
- Virtual fitness, included as a value add to all monthly passes.
Additional information about recreation programs and opportunities is available online at www.reddeer.ca/RecUpdate.
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer