On Saturday, February 26, 2022, the provincial government announced that Alberta would move to Step 2 of the plan to ease public health measures, effective March 1.
- Changes to masking requirements:
- Masking will no longer be mandatory for the public in City facilities
- City of Red Deer staff will continue to wear masks
- Masking continues to be required on public transit as per the provincial government
- Youth screening for activities and sport will no longer be required
- Capacity and gathering limits will be removed
In line with this announcement, the following changes will occur at City of Red Deer facilities:
As we move forward with the easing of restrictions, Red Deerians are reminded to continue treating others with kindness and understanding. Please remember that everyone will adjust to these changes in different ways. We ask the community to show grace and patience as comfort levels may vary.
If you feel unwell or have symptoms, please stay home. We will continue to offer a flexible cancellation/refund policy for those who are unable to participate in pre-scheduled programming at recreation and culture facilities. For refund inquiries, please call 403-309-8411 or email email@example.com.
For more information on the provincial easing of restrictions please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer