The following items are on Red Deer City Council’s meeting agenda for Monday, June 12, 2023.
Municipal Features Naming Policy (decision):
- Council is being asked to approve a new Municipal Features Naming Policy to provide clear direction to administration regarding future proposals and requests for naming municipally owned amenities. This item was tabled at the May 15 City Council meeting and is returning Monday for final decision.
Integrated and Accessible Transportation (decision):
- Administration is seeking Council’s approval on a revised Integrated and Accessible Transportation Policy that guides how the transportation network is maintained.
Strategic Plan Quarterly Report (information):
- Council will receive a report card from City administration highlighting the progress that was made in the first quarter of 2023 towards achieving Council’s Strategic Plan.
Public Hearing – Kingsgate amendments (decision):
- At the May 15 City Council meeting, Council gave first reading to an application that was submitted to rezone the southwest corner of 8040 - 50 Avenue in the Kingsgate neighbourhood to allow for future multi-family residential units, and to expand the commercial zoning area along the northwestern edge. The land is currently undeveloped.
- This item returns on Monday for a Public Hearing, and Council’s consideration of second and third reading.
APP update and crime stats (information):
- Superintendent Holly Glassford of the Red Deer RCMP will provide council with the quarter four (Jan-Mar 2023) crime statistics and the quarterly update on the 2022-24 Annual Policing Priorities (APP).
Land Use Bylaw rezoning (decision):
- City Council will consider first reading of an application to rezone a parcel of land at 3937 50 Street. If approved, the item will return to Council with a Public Hearing in four weeks time.