The following decisions were made at today’s City Council meeting.
Land Use Bylaw - Temporary Shelter:
- City Council passed first reading of a Land Use Bylaw Amendment that will enable the temporary shelter to continue operating in its current location. This decision triggers a Public Hearing, followed by consideration of second and third reading which will take place on December 4.
- For more information: https://reddeer.ca/whats-happening/news-room/public-hearing-to-be-held-for-site-extension-of-temporary-shelter.html
Land Use Bylaw (decision):
- City Council gave first reading to a request to rezone 3733 45 Street from P1 Parks and Recreation to P2 Residential (Medium Density), along with a request to remove the municipal reserve designation at the site. If the rezoning is approved following a public hearing scheduled for December 4, it is anticipated the site will be sold for multi-family residential development (townhouses and/or apartments).
Council Recognition Policy Update:
- Council approved an update to the Council Recognition Policy to provide more consistency and reduce the overall cost.
- The Council Recognition Policy is to formally recognize Council for their service at the time of their election and upon their departure from Council.
2023 Adopted Capital Cash Flow:
- Council adopted the 2023 Capital Cash Flow budget. For the capital related components of the budget, an annual capital ‘cash flow’ budget is required to be approved by Council. This number is based on administration’s forecasted expenditures for capital projects still in progress in 2023 and appears on the Statement of Net Debt and shows the Budgeted Acquisition of Tangible Capital Assets.
- This is not a new budget request – it is a reframing of the budget for the purpose of preparing financial statements.
Central Alberta Combative Sports Commission:
- Council approved a request from the Central Alberta Combative Sports Commission (CCSC) for three Havoc Fighting Championship Events to be held in Red Deer on February 9, 2024, June 14, 2024, and November 29, 2024.
- Due to The City not having its own Combative Sports Commission, any promoter
wishing to host an event in the city must obtain permission from City Council and have an
approved Commission oversee the event.
Special Council Meeting:
- Council has set a Special Council Meeting on December 12, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to conduct interviews for the Ethics Advisor/Integrity Commissioner in accordance to the Code of Conduct Bylaw.
To view the agenda and watch live on Monday, visit https://meeting.reddeer.ca.