The following items are on Red Deer City Council’s meeting agenda for Monday, October 16, 2023.
Integrity Commissioner Procurement Report (closed item):
Waste-to-Energy Technology Report (for information):
- Administration will present a Waste-to-Energy (WTE) Technology Report to City Council for information. The report outlines research that has been done to assess the feasibility of a Waste-to-Energy Project in Red Deer including historical context, strategic alignment, and risk assessment and analysis. Thermal treatment of municipal solid waste has been considered has been considered as far back as the 1970s. Prior to implementing any WTE projects, thorough investigation requiring funding and added capacity will need to be approved.
Traffic Bylaw (for approval):
- City Council will consider second and third reading of a new Traffic Bylaw. The new bylaw contains updates to reflect the parking infrastructure improvement program; improves readability through simplification of language and consolidation of related topics; and the removal items that are covered in existing bylaws or that are no longer required.
Local Immigrant Partnership (LIP) Partnership Agreement (for approval):
- City Council will consider an application to authorize The City of Red Deer to act as a funding partner organization for Red Deer Local Immigrant Partnership (LIP). LIPs are eligible for funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) but required to maintain a funding partnership with a local organization which holds the contract with IRCC.
Aquatic Centre Update (for information):
- During Capital Budget in November 2022, Council asked administration to return in the fourth quarter of 2023 to provide an update on potential timing of the aquatic’s facility project within the Capital Plan. The report being presented to Council on Monday is for information only.
Public Hearing – Rezone Lands in Evergreen
- City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall to consider Land Use Bylaw Amendment 3357/L-2023. An amendment to rezone NW 26-38-27-W4M in the Evergreen Neighbourhood to allow for Low Density Residential and Parks and Recreation Development.
To view the agenda and watch live on Monday, visit https://meeting.reddeer.ca.