Point in Time Homeless Count
Following direction from Alberta’s Medical Officer of Health and Alberta Health, the 2020 PIT Count and Survey has been postponed in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back for updates on a possible future date.
The PIT count is only one tool of many to collect data that allows us to identify trends and key issues related to homelessness in Red Deer, and measure progress on CHHIP. Shelter and program data is used by policy makers, service providers and funders in planning and making changes and decisions for housing related programs and services in Red Deer. The PIT Count and Survey is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Homelessness Partnering Strategy. More information can be found in our 2020 PIT Count FAQ (pdf) .
PIT Count Resources and Past Results
- 2018 PIT Count Infographic (pdf)
- 2018 Point in Time Homeless Count Survey and Report (pdf)
- 2016 Red Deer Point in Time (PIT) Count Final Report (pdf)
- 2014 Red Deer Point in Time Homeless Count Full Report (pdf)
- 2014 Alberta Point in Time Homeless Count - Provincial Report (pdf)
- Alberta Point-in-Time Homeless Count: Red Deer Preliminary Report (pdf)
- Alberta Point-in-Time Homeless Count: Provincial Preliminary Report (pdf)
- Red Deer Point In Time (PIT) Homeless Count 2012 (pdf)