The City of Red Deer owns and operates two cemeteries: The Red Deer Cemetery, located on 55 Street, north of Michener Centre; and the Alto Reste Cemetery located 3.6 km east of 30 Avenue on Highway 11.
City Provided Services
The City of Red Deer offers a number of choices for traditional or cremation burials as each person has different needs and wishes. When considering a burial site, it is a good idea to talk with family members about the possibility of future burials for either the spouse or other family. Additional lots can be pre-purchased and reserved for future use.
The Cemetery Services Office can provide the following information:
- Regarding at time of need and pre-need purchases of burial lot(s) or columbarium niche(s) and other cemetery products
- Guidance on types of lots available and the restrictions in each Garden or Section of the cemeteries.
- Provide the location of gravesites to families, genealogical researchers, funeral homes and
- Provide information on monument restrictions specific to a lot or other areas of the cemetery
- Allowances on tributes left on gravesites
- Possible memorialization of benches within the City trails, parks and playgrounds and cemetery
On-leash animals are permitted onto cemetery grounds if accompanied by an adult.
The City of Red Deer is a member of the Western Canada Cemetery Association.