Fee Assistance Program
The Fee Assistance Program offers financial support to people who are currently facing some financial challenges and want to use City-operated recreation facilities or take part in City offered Recreation or Culture programs or activities.
Pending available funding, the program provides up to $200 per year to each eligible person for Safe & Healthy Communities program registrations, plus access to recreation facilities.
How to Qualify
You may automatically qualify for the Safe & Healthy Communities Fee Assistance Program if you are a Red Deer resident and one of the following applies to you:
- You are on AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped): Please provide a copy of your Health Benefits Card or direct deposit statement.
- You are on Income Support or another Alberta Works program: Please provide a copy of your letter stating the expiry date along with either their Adult/Child Benefit Card or direct deposit statement.
- You are a Red Deer Housing Authority Tenant: Please provide a copy of your most recent rent receipt.
- You are on Guaranteed Income Support: Please provide a copy of your Guaranteed Income letter or direct deposit statement.
- You have refugee status: Please provide a copy of your Protected Person Status document. For Refugee Claimants, provide a copy of your Refugee Protection Claimant document.
- You have been referred by a Referral Agency: Please provide a confirmation number from the agency.
If you are not a recipient of any of these programs or benefits you may still qualify.
Applying for Funding
In-person applications for the Fee Assistance Program will not be accepted at this time.
Applications can be processed through the following two methods:
Fill out the online form in its entirety, including information about the applicant and all family members.
Fee Assistance Program Application Form
You can call the recreation main line to set up an appointment with a staff member who will conduct a qualification questionnaire over the phone.
For both online applications and in person applications you will be required to provide either proof of income (Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment) or proof of automatic qualifier as listed above. Also required is proof of identification. Applications will not be processed until all documentation is obtained.
Other Community Recreation Subsidy Options
Call the Red Deer KidSport chapter at 403-314-4737 to find out how you can access programs outside the realm of City Recreation & Culture. Or pick up an application at the Recreation Centre, 4501-47A Avenue or the Collicutt Centre, 3031-30 Avenue.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
The City of Red Deer is a proud partner with the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program.