Centennials and Anniversaries
The Red Cross provided care and comfort during the First World War, both as home branches like the one in Red Deer and abroad, working in military hospitals.
In the early 1900s, the population of the fledgling town of Red Deer was approaching 500. Fear of fire was always prevalent and as the town began to grow and the concentration of wooden buildings increased, the likelihood of costly fires increased.
Historical overview of Red Deer and its residents during years of armed conflict from 1899 to 1953.
By 1903, the citizens of the Town of Red Deer were experiencing a land boom. Many businesses started up to serve the growing population, most of which have long since disappeared. In 2003 the Parsons Clinic celebrated 100 years of continuous activity in Red Deer.
The Red Deer Advocate began in 1903 and continued publication for the next 100 years.