Energize a Site
Regulations in Alberta require several steps to get a meter installed and energize your site.
This information is for new services. If you need information about signing up for electricity service at an existing location, visit Choosing an Electricity Retail Supplier. If you need to know the Site ID number of an existing site, contact us.
- Contact us about adding a new service if you have not done so already.
- Receive quote from us, make arrangements to sign and pay the Work Order. Payment must be received prior to service connection.
- Request a site identification number (Site ID) Online from ENMAX Power, who manages our Site ID assignment system. A Site ID number is assigned to the service address and remains in effect until the service is permanently removed. The following information is required:
- Electric permit number
- Civic address
- Service Information (Amps, Volts, etc.)
Note: We cannot energize the service without a request from the retailer.
- Additional trip charges may apply if the site is not ready for the requested service (meter, splice) for any reason.
- Due to the nature of our business, the requested service may be delayed while matters of public safety are attended to.