Special Event Permits
You’ll need a special event permit if you plan on hosting an event on City property.
Before you apply
- Most local and regional events in public spaces require Special Event Permits. If you're unsure, visit our MyEvents web page as it can help you to determine which activities require a Special Event Permit or further engagement from The City;
- Review the information on this page;
- Review the Special Events Permit Bylaw 3572/2016 (pdf) .
Depending on the type of event you’re hosting, you’ll need to apply for a permit between two to four months before the event.
|Type of Event||Application Deadline|
|Events held on major roadways||4 months prior to the event|
|Events that require special approvals||4 months prior to the event|
|Events held on all other roadways||3 months prior to the event|
|Events held on all other City property||2 months prior to the event|
Application Submission Fees
|Type of Event||Fee|
|Events held on any roadway, lane or alley||$100|
|Events held on all other City property||$25|
Submit completed application forms:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: Inspections & Licensing Customer Service kiosk, main floor, 4914 - 48 Avenue
- By Mail: The City of Red Deer
P.O. Box 5008
Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4