Sanitary Sewer Main Cleaning
Clean, clear and free flowing sanitary sewer mains ensures that wastewater continues to flow to the Wastewater Treatment Plant and helps to prevent sewer blockages and backups, which could otherwise end up in the basements of nearby buildings, or overflows from sanitary sewer manholes, causing environmental concern.
What is involved?
- A combination vacuum truck uses high velocity jet to clean rocks, dirt, roots and debris from the sanitary sewer mains while vacuuming at the same time. It can take multiple passes to clean the sewer line, and the time to do so varies based on the size of the sewer main and the amount of debris that needs to be cleaned out.
- The process of vacuuming rocks, dirt, roots and debris can be noisy and may be heard from a block or two away from the site.
2021 Sanitary Sewer Main Cleaning - November 30 and December 1
- Ross (50th St) - 48th Ave to 46 ave
- 48th Ave and 55th St - Intersection
- 53 St Cr and 55th St – Intersection
- 55th St - 46 Ave to 45 Ave