Recreation & Sport Development Fund
Providing up to $150,000 annually to support recreation and sport development within our community via two submission categories: Inclusion in Local Sport & Sport Leadership Capacity Building.
Organizations may apply through either of two categories and are welcome to apply in both categories:
- Inclusion in Local Sport
- Sport Leadership Capacity Building
Sport Leadership Capacity Category
- Purpose: Ensuring that Red Deer has coordinated, sustainable, and effective community sport leadership.
- Amount: $100,000 total per year for up to three (3) years. Maximum per application $100,000.
- Application deadline: The application deadline was April 21, 2023.
Inclusion in Local Sport
- Purpose: Responding to new and/or arising needs in the community or developing new approaches to address existing needs in the community that increase program access for underserved individuals
- Amount: $50,000 total. Maximum per application $50,000.
- Application deadline: Applicants may apply at any time. Applicants can expect a decision within four-weeks from the application closing date.
Before applying, read the Recreation & Sport Development Fund Application Guide (pdf) and Recreation & Sport Development Fund FAQs (pdf).