Fireworks in Red Deer
The Fireworks Bylaw (pdf) regulates the sale, possession and use of fireworks (consumer, display and pyrotechnic) in city limits. This bylaw ensures fireworks are used safely by persons with proper training and qualifications.
A permit is required to discharge fireworks. Permit requirements include:
- Permit holder is a Fireworks Supervisor or Pyrotechnician certified by Natural Resources Canada.
- Written consent from the land owner where fireworks will be discharged.
- Description of fireworks event and site plan.
- Payment of permit and inspection fee(s): $58.25 for permit, $116.50 for site inspection and $233 for after-hours site inspection.
The sale of fireworks is not permitted in the city.
To apply for a permit:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us in person at Emergency Services Administration (4340 32 Street).
To report the unsafe use of fireworks, call 9-1-1.
For more information: