The EnergyWise Program for Residents teaches Red Deer renters simple, affordable ways to reduce energy use in their homes by providing them with education, tools and resources. There is no cost to participate.
To participate in this program you must:
- Live in the city of Red Deer.
- Rent (do not own) your home.
- Ask your landlord if you have permission to make energy efficiency installations.
- Attend one 3.5 hour workshop. A meal will be provided.
- If you pay your own energy bills, give The City of Red Deer permission to access your energy usage until January 2022.
Workshops are being offered on the following dates:
- Saturday, February 22, 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Red Deer Public Library (downtown)
- Saturday, February 29, 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Red Deer Public Library (downtown)
- Monday, March 2, 5 - 8:30 p.m. at Central Alberta Refugee Effort
- Thursday, March 5, 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at Red Deer Native Friendship Society
Register here. Registration closes three days before each workshop date. There are a limited number of spots available on a first-come, first-served basis. If the workshop dates are full, you have the option of being placed on a waitlist.