The Plant Rebate Program offers rebates to residents who purchase native/drought-tolerant plants. A rebate of 50% of the cost of the plant(s), to a maximum of $50, is applied to your utility account.
In light of COVID-19 and reduced staffing capacities, there may be delays with processing applications. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Beginning April 6, 2020, rebate application forms will be available:
- Pick up in person from the first floor of City Hall (4914 – 48 Avenue) or from Environmental Services front desk at Civic Yards (7721 – 40 Avenue)
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a City of Red Deer resident.
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account.
- Purchase the qualifying plant(s) (pdf) in the 2020 calendar year.
- Install the plant(s) in the ground at a City of Red Deer property.
- Have not purchased the plant(s) through another municipality’s incentive program.
- Include an original or copy of the receipt of your plant(s) purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
- Include before and after photos of the space where the plant(s) was installed, as well as photos of the plant identifier tag(s).
The program runs from April 6 to October 23, 2020. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow eight to twelve weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
Maximum one rebate per utility account. Previous participants in the program are not eligible to receive another rebate.