Residents who purchase and install a new rain barrel can apply for a rebate of 50 per cent of the cost of the rain barrel to a maximum of $50. Maximum one rebate per utility account every 5 years. Participants who have applied more than 5 years ago are welcome to apply again in 2023.
Rebate application forms are available online from April 26 to October 31, 2023.
Click here to access the paper application form. (pdf)
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a City of Red Deer resident.
- Have a City of Red Deer utility (water bill) account.
- Purchase a new rain barrel in 2023.
- Install and operate the rain barrel at a property located in the city of Red Deer.
- Have not previously participated in the program or another municipality’s rain barrel incentive program.
- Include a copy of the receipt of your rain barrel purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
The program runs from April 26 to October 31. A limited number of rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please allow eight to 12 weeks for the credit to be applied to your account.
For more information, please refer to our Rain Barrel Rebate FAQ (pdf) or contact Environmental Initiatives at 403-406-8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other rebate programs