Commercial Garbage Collection
Why should I choose The City for my garbage collection service?
- You will know exactly what you will be charged every month. Unless you ask for extra services, your cost will not increase due to variable or extra costs. Your cost will increase only once per year and it is usually only a small increase.
- There is no lengthy contract to sign. You can change or cancel your service anytime with 30 days written notice.
- If your bin is not emptied as scheduled, contact The City and we will ensure it is emptied within one business day of your call.
- If you have any problems, The City will work with you and the contractor to resolve the issue.
- The City will ensure your bin is well maintained.
- You will have the convenience of a single utility bill for water, wastewater and garbage collection.
What size bins does The City offer?
The City offers two, three, four, six or eight cubic yard bins.
How frequently will the bin be emptied?
You choose how often you want your bin emptied, as frequently as six times per week or as infrequently as once per month or something in between. In addition to your regularly scheduled service, you can request an extra lift, for a fee, when needed.
What other garbage bin services does The City provide?
You can choose a metal lid, a lock, or castors and can request an extra lift or a bin cleaning. An additional fee will be charged for these services.
Additional information on services offered and prices can be found in Schedule E in Utility Bylaw 3606/2018 - Schedules B - F (pdf) .