Learn more about the Electronics Expanded pilot project on the Alberta Recycling website.
What is accepted through the electronic recycling program?
- Computer monitors (CRT and LCD)
- Printers/printer combinations
- Computer peripherals (mouse, keyboard, cables, desktop computer speakers)
- Laptop and notebook computers
What is accepted through the Electronics Expanded pilot project?
- Small appliances
- Audio visual equipment
- Telecom equipment
- Power and air tools
- Electronic games, toys and music equipment
- Solar panels
What is the disposal fee?
Electronic Waste is free to drop off. As a reminder, you will need to visit the Scalehouse to have your electronics weighed.
What about my personal information?
All electronics are recycled by a registered electronics processor. They are not reused or refurbished. However, we cannot guarantee that personal information stored on your electronics, such as computers and cell phones, will be protected. It is important to remove personal information from these devices before dropping them off. Computer hard drives can be erased using data removal software or shredded. SIM/SD cards from cell phones should be removed or erased.
When can you drop off electronics?
Year round at the Waste Management Facility.
- Call2Recycle - participating retailers accept cell phones and batteries weighing 5 kg or less.
- Recycle My Cell - participating retailers accept cell phones and accessories, including chargers.