Every spring City streets are swept to remove the sanding material that has been spread on the streets over the winter. The main thoroughfares are swept first, and then we move into the residential areas.
What you need to know
- "No Parking" signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 12 hours before work begins. Watch for these signs in your area. Vehicles left parked on signed streets will be ticketed and towed.
- All curb ramps, basketball hoops and other objects must be removed from City streets.
- You can help by sweeping debris from the sidewalks in front of your house on to the road.
- If your cart collection day is the same as your street sweeping day, put your carts out as you usually would, our teams will take care of the rest.
- Be sure to stay a safe distance from sweepers, obey construction signs, and slow down when passing maintenance workers. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
How to stay informed
Sign up for Street Sweeping updates with Notify Red Deer! Help us get all the nooks and crannies by knowing when to move your car off the street. Receive updates by text, phone, email, or now through app notifications! Click here to learn more and sign up!
Residential street sweeping began on Grey Routes in Snow Zone I on Monday, April 26. Downtown streets will be swept on Sunday, May 2. Grey Routes (local residential streets) will be swept first, followed by Green Routes (collector roads and bus routes). Residential street sweeping happens Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
* Street sweeping is weather dependent and subject to change. For this reason, the schedule is posted below is tentative and residents are encouraged to sign up for Notify Red Deer and download the app to receive timely updates before parking restrictions take affect in your area.
Don't know your Snow Zone and Route? Click here to search.
Questions? Call Public Works at 403-342-8238.