Every spring City streets are swept to remove the sanding material that has been spread on the streets over the winter. The main thoroughfares are swept first, and then we move into the residential areas.
Residential street sweeping began on Sunday, May 14 in Zone D (Downtown) followed by Grey Routes in all zones from May 15 to May 26. Green Route Sweeping will begin in Zones J and K on Monday, May 29. The tentative schedule is marked on the Green Route map below.
* Street sweeping is weather dependent and subject to change. For this reason, residents are encouraged to sign up for Notify Red Deer and download the app to receive timely updates before parking restrictions take affect in your area. Visit the link at the bottom of this page for more information on this service.
Don't know your Zone and Route? Click here to search.
Questions? Call Parks & Public Works at 403-342-8238.
What you need to know
- "No Parking" signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 12 hours before work begins. Watch for these signs in your area. Vehicles left parked on signed streets will be ticketed and towed.
- All curb ramps, basketball hoops and other objects must be removed from City streets.
- You can help by sweeping debris from the sidewalks in front of your house on to the road.
- If your cart collection day is the same as your street sweeping day, put your carts out as you usually would, our teams will take care of the rest.
- Be sure to stay a safe distance from sweepers, obey construction signs, and slow down when passing maintenance workers. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
How to stay informed
Sign up for Street Sweeping updates with Notify Red Deer! Help us get all the nooks and crannies by knowing when to move your car off the street. Receive updates by text, phone, email, or now through app notifications! Click here to learn more and sign up!