Stage 2 is activated when the Red Deer River maintains a flow rate within the range of 16 to 18 cubic metres per second for one consecutive week.
In Stage 2, The City will investigate non-compliance of the guidelines and issue a letter concerning a customer's breach of the guidelines. The customer is given 14 days to resolve the action, after which point a fine will be issued if guidelines are not met.
|Watering Activity||Stage 2 Guidelines|
*Customers that have newly-planted lawn are permitted to water on all days of the week, at any hour, for three weeks after lawn is planted.
- Restricted hours: no watering between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Even-numbered addresses may water on even days of the month during non-restricted hours as needed
- Odd-numbered addresses may water on odd days of the month during non-restricted hours as needed
|Artificial turf and outdoor tracks washing
- Permitted if required for dust control and safety
- Permitted, but car washes are recommended to ensure waste water is treated
|Ponds, fountains, water parks and other water features
- Restricted hours: no filling or refilling between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Even-numbered addresses may fill and refill on Mondays and Thursdays during non-restricted hours
- Odd-numbered addresses may fill and refill on Tuesdays and Fridays during non-restricted hours
|Cleaning outdoor surfaces, including pressure washing
- Washing for the purpose of aesthetic cleaning is not permitted
- Only washing by a commercial cleaning service, or hand-washing to prepare a surface for painting or similar treatment, or if ordered by a regulatory authority