Who can apply?
Only a licensed contractor, gas fitter can apply for a gas permit. If you are a contractor requiring a City of Red Deer Business Licence, please visit our Licensing page before submitting your permit application.
How do I apply?
You can apply for your permit in one of the following ways:
Online: MyPermits (fastest, easiest way to submit your application, available 24/7)
Alternatively, you can complete the Gas Permit Application Form (pdf) form, and submit it by email or in person:
In person: Main floor, City Hall (4914 48 Avenue)
What inspections will I need?
You will need at least two Safety Codes inspections during the course of your gas installation:
- A rough-in inspection before concealing any work with the appropriate tests established
- A final inspection upon completion
How do I schedule an inspection?
- Online using our Inspection Request Form
- Online using MyInspections
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 403-342-8190 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
*Inspections must be scheduled by 3 p.m. to book for the following business day.
In person: Main floor of City Hall, 4914 48 Avenue
Due to COVID-19 regulations, limited staff are available in person.
City Hall is open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Closed weekends and statutory holidays.
You will be required to correct all deficiencies. Re-inspection fees or other penalties may apply.