Service Connection

A service connection permit regulates the installation of service connection pipes from the municipal system to the property line as well as the installation of water meters. You will need  a service connection permit if you are constructing any new building.

Who can apply?

Contractors with a valid City of Red Deer business license can apply for a service connection permit. Contact Licensing at 403-342-8182, or visit us on the third floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for business license information.

How do I apply?

You can apply for your permit online using MyPermits or fill out a paper application and submit it in person on the third floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or email it to

graphic design for MyPermits

What inspections will I need?

You will need a final Safety Code inspection prior to covering the connections.

You will be required to correct all deficiencies. Re-inspection fees or other penalties may apply.

How do I schedule an inspection?

News & Notices

Public Hearing for interim shelter site

May 13, 2021

Council is seeking public feedback on the Land Use Bylaw amendment that would allow the interim shelter to continue operating at its current location until May 31, 2022.

Registration for summer programming

May 12, 2021

The City of Red Deer has been working hard to plan for the eventual return of modified summer programming amid the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.

Council approves agreement and...

May 11, 2021

Tonight at their Special Meeting, Council approved a stronger legal agreement as well as short and long-term financial support for Westerner Park.